IES II 3 Hadleigh 1
Premier DivisionIpswich East Suffolk II 3 Hadleigh 1Ipswich East Suffolk became the first team to beat Hadleigh this season at the weekend. IES started well, pressurising Hadleigh's defence, working hard for each other and moving the ball around.
Ipswich East Suffolk II 3 Hadleigh 1
Ipswich East Suffolk became the first team to beat Hadleigh this season at the weekend.
IES started well, pressurising Hadleigh's defence, working hard for each other and moving the ball around. However, the IES side were caught pushing up high when Hadleigh got a break past the defence and slotted the ball past the oncoming keeper.
You may also want to watch:
IES responded through some fine work by Simpson from the 25 yard line, who went round the keeper to slot the ball home and bring the game level before half time.
IES managed to continue their game, with excellent work from everyone, until they finally broke through a defensive scramble for Simpson to snatch another.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
The game moved end-to-end, but IES played the better hockey. A good cross from the right went past several players before Cook made no mistake.
The game was played in good spirits, seeing IES play some good hockey for their valuable spectators and proved they are still contenders for the top spot.