IES II 3 Hadleigh 1
Premier DivisionIpswich East Suffolk II 3 Hadleigh 1Ipswich East Suffolk became the first team to beat Hadleigh this season at the weekend. IES started well, pressurising Hadleigh's defence, working hard for each other and moving the ball around.
Ipswich East Suffolk II 3 Hadleigh 1
Ipswich East Suffolk became the first team to beat Hadleigh this season at the weekend.
IES started well, pressurising Hadleigh's defence, working hard for each other and moving the ball around. However, the IES side were caught pushing up high when Hadleigh got a break past the defence and slotted the ball past the oncoming keeper.
IES responded through some fine work by Simpson from the 25 yard line, who went round the keeper to slot the ball home and bring the game level before half time.
IES managed to continue their game, with excellent work from everyone, until they finally broke through a defensive scramble for Simpson to snatch another.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
The game moved end-to-end, but IES played the better hockey. A good cross from the right went past several players before Cook made no mistake.
The game was played in good spirits, seeing IES play some good hockey for their valuable spectators and proved they are still contenders for the top spot.