IES III 0 Sudbury IV 6
Division Six North EastIpswich East Suffolk III 0 Sudbury IV 6Against a very strong and experienced Sudbury, IES battled hard and valiantly kept themselves in the game conceding just 1 goal at half time.
Division Six North East
Ipswich East Suffolk III 0 Sudbury IV 6
Against a very strong and experienced Sudbury, IES battled hard and valiantly kept themselves in the game conceding just 1 goal at half time. During the second half man of the match, Neil Slade, was tested to the limit with Sudbury constantly probing the IES defence. For their persistence Sudbury were awarded with several penalty corners which were successfully repelled. However, IES could not counter such strong resolve from Sudbury and the score advanced steadily.
IES's one chance came when John Wright managed to slip the Sudbury back and an accurate cross from the mid-field allowed him to strike at goal. The Sudbury keeper was equal to the task and smothered the shot. As the game drew to a close Sudbury consolidated their position with further goals.
You may also want to watch:
A magnificent deflected goal from John Wright, but unfortunately at the wrong end, summed up the day for IES with the game ending 6-0 in Sudbury's favour.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k