IES III 1 Norfolk Nomads 3
Division 6NEIpswich East Suffolk III 1 Norfolk Nomads 3Ipswich East Suffolk started this game on the back on an unbeaten run, including a draw against the second-placed team, and thus were high in confidence.
Ipswich East Suffolk III 1 Norfolk Nomads 3
Ipswich East Suffolk started this game on the back on an unbeaten run, including a draw against the second-placed team, and thus were high in confidence.
Right from the start they applied almost constant pressure to the Nomad's defence, Neil Slade having a chance as early as the fourth minute. Five minutes later Alex Jenkins forced the Nomad's keeper into a smart save. Richard Marston supplied several crosses into the Nomad's area but IES were unable to convert these into goals.
You may also want to watch:
Slade had a further shot saved and although the ball spent 75 per cent of it's time in the Nomads half, IES just couldn't turn the pressure into goals, in spite of hitting the post. It was therefore against the run of play that Nomad's second proper attack should lead to them going ahead from a second successive short corner, shortly before half time.
The second half started in the same way with IES continuing to apply pressure, with Slade, Jenkins and Webb all penetrating the Nomads 'D', but no goals. Finally, ten minutes into the second half Tim Cornish provided a perfect pass for Ed Taylor to slot home the ball for the equaliser.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Karl Fuller: 'We should bottle the feeling of our last five days'
IES continued to have the larger part of the play but could not find another goal and it was immediately after an IES attack that Nomads broke away to go ahead. The goal seemed to give Nomads belief and they started to penetrate the IES defence more.
IES however continued to attack, hitting the post again, but when they did get past the Nomads defence the goalkeeper was there to stop them. It was Nomads who scored again in the 24th minute from a short corner and although IES still pressured their defence, coming very close in the last minute of the game, no further goals were scored.