IES III 2 Norfolk Nomads II 1
Division 6NEIpswich East Suffolk III 2 Norfolk Nomads II 1IES' third string started with a strong squad of 14 and should have given Norfolk Nomads a lot of trouble.
Ipswich East Suffolk III 2 Norfolk Nomads II 1
IES' third string started with a strong squad of 14 and should have given Norfolk Nomads a lot of trouble.
Indeed, for the first ten minutes or so the Nomads didn't really get out of their own half.
However, history has a habit of repeating itself and, just like the last time the teams met, Nomads took the lead against the run of play.
A long ball shot right through the IES midfield and defence from the 25 yard line was expertly picked up and slotted home to put the Nomads ahead.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
IES responded and picked up the pace and after a goal scoring chance was stopped on the line Dave Charles slotted home the penalty flick.
After half time IES continued to pressurise the Nomads and seemed to have scored from the stick of Steve Farrow.
However, the ball was deemed to have been struck from outside the D and the goal was disallowed.
It wasn't long before IES took the lead however, as a ball pushed across the Nomad's D by Stu List was beautifully controlled by Dave Charles who powerfully struck home for his second.
Charles had several further chances during the game but failed to capitalise on these opportunities.
Thus the game ended 2-1 in IES' favour but without doubt the scoreline could have been a lot worse for Nomads but for the expertise of their goalkeeper.