IES Ladies Vets to represent Suffolk
Ladies Veterans CupIpswich East Suffolk 4 Christchurch 0Ipswich East Suffolk will represent Suffolk in the next round after this 4-0 win over Christchurch.
Ladies Veterans Cup
Ipswich East Suffolk 4 Christchurch 0
Ipswich East Suffolk will represent Suffolk in the next round after this 4-0 win over Christchurch.
It took just six minutes for IES to penetrate the Christchurch defence when Dawn Claxton, who created a lot of play, struck the ball past the keeper Julie Spice. Not long after, captain Maria Whelan struck the ball home following a neat pass from Lou Fletcher.
You may also want to watch:
IES managed to control most of the pitch in the first half and there was a lot of ball movement from a squad of confident players. Just before the second half Claxton again moved the ball with pace to Jane De Boltz who confidently struck the ball into the goal.
In the second half IES played more of the same style hockey, but the opponents Christchurch turned up their game and made some strong runs. Karen Keedle, Jan Taylor, Gill Burch and Mel Maguire were solid in defence as was Sue Stenson in midfield. Jacqui Gooderham showed that she still had the determination of a terrier when it came to chasing the ball down and winning advantages about the pitch.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 10 Matchday Live: Golden chance for Town to fire as basement boys visit