Impressive Ipswich Ladies secure double delight at RAF Cranwell, against Lincoln Cannons and RAF Hawks
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Ladies’ volleyball team travelled to Lincolnshire and left with two victories from RAF Cranwell, thanks to impressive 3-0 victories against Lincoln Cannons and the RAF Hawks.
Ipswich had lost to Lincoln, 3-2, earlier in the season, and played three close sets this time, which stretched to an exhausting 31 points – the visitors taking the three points with Emma Goosey named as MVP.
Against the Hawks, fantastic serving runs from Julia Vidot, Goosey and a whopping 15-point serve run from Iza Karwacka (MVP) gave Ipswich a massive 25-2 win in the first set.
The other two were much the same, with some great passing from Michelle Abbott, a highlight.
Ipswich’s next fixtures are away against Telford and Black Country, on February 26.
You may also want to watch:
As for Ipswich men, they suffered a 3-0 defeat to RAF Harriers and now trail top-of-the-table Norwich on points with a game in hand, in the M3C table.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural