Impressive Leiston record a big win at Harrow Borough
- Credit: Archant
Harrow Borough 0 Leiston 5
Leiston produced a dazzling display of attacking football to thrash hosts Harrow Borough 5-0 at Earlsmead Stadium in north-west London this afternoon, to move up to fourth in the Bostik Premier.
Centre-half Tom Bullard, back in the side after injury, set the ball rolling by steering home at the far post from a corner in the 22nd minute.
Christy Finch doubled Leiston’s lead in the 43rd minute, capitalising on a defensive error to sweep into an unguarded net, and there was still time for Jack Ainsley to add a third before half-time, converting Seb Dunbar’s cross in deadly fashion.
The visitors did not let up in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Ainsley headed home Dunbar’s exquisite cross for the fourth on 54 minutes, and substitute Jerome Trotter added a fifth by tucking home the rebound after keeper Minter had parried Finch’s shot in the 89th minute.
At the other end of the pitch, keeper Marcus Garnham made several fine saves to record a deserved clean-sheet.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- See Monday’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper for a full report, pictures and reaction