Impressive victory for Team Ipswich
A top performance from Ollie Ward and Ben Clarke secured a convincing 20-6 win against Colchester Juniors for a young Team Ipswich side playing their first ever home fixture at the Royal Hospital School.
Ipswich’s experience playing in a deep water pool soon showed and they took a 4-1 lead in the first quarter with a goal from Ben Clarke and a quick hat-trick from their inspirational captain Ollie Ward.
Returning to action, Jonathan Andvig combined well with Kieran Harris and Alice Fisher, resulting in further goals for Alistair Penman and Evie Granat. Thomas Mills, 12, fresh from the Mini Polo Sunday squad, displayed his strong progress with a fine performance.
With such young water polo talent progressing through the ranks the club looks to be in a strong position for future challenges.
Next game up sees the senior first team defend their Eastern League Knock Out Trophy win from last year against current league leaders Clacton, on Friday 25th May, 8pm at Royal Hospital School.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: J Bird (gk), O Ward (capt) (9), B Clarke (4), A Penman (3), A Fisher , E Granat (1), J Andvig, K Harris, B Watts (3), T Mills, D Hedgley
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home