Incoming loans unlikely for U’s
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward says he is unlikely to bring in any loan signings to the club before the window closes next Thursday.
Striker Steven Gillespie and winger Simon Hackney have both been made available for outward loans following their recoveries from thigh and back injuries respectively, while teenage duo Tom Bender and Sam Corcoran are also on the loan list.
However, Ward says that – barring any injuries sustained over two homes in the next four days – he is unlikely to bring anyone in on a temporary basis.
“I’m not chasing to get anyone in,” he said.
“That could alter in the next couple of games if we get any injuries of course, but at this moment it’s not something I’m looking to do.
You may also want to watch:
“Sometimes bringing in new people can bring you a little bit of a problem because it can unsettle the group and I don’t want to create a problem.”
Colchester United currently have Tom Williams on loan from Bristol City until December 4 and they would be allowed to extend that deal after next Thursday’s deadline has passed if both parties were agreeable.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
The left-back missed last Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Swindon with a groin injury and is a doubt for tomorrow’s visit of Hartlepool having suffered with flu this week.
– For full preview of Colchester United v Hartlepool United, see Saturday’s EADT.