Increased security at The Valley for Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town
Fans are being asked to arrive at The Valley in plenty of time ahead of Ipswich’s game with Charlton, due to increased security measures introduced on the advice of the Metropolitan Police.
Searches will be in operation prior to the contest, which kicks-off at 12.30pm on Saturday, in response to recent global events.
A statement on the Charlton Athletic official website says: “For your convenience we encourage fans not to bring any bulky items or bags unless completely necessary in order for searches to be completed as efficiently as possible.
“In addition, supporters are urged not to leave personal items unattended at any time as this is likely to cause disruption.
“The club request that fans cooperate with the instructions of both stewards and police officers to ensure that search protocols can be completed.
You may also want to watch:
“All the measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all visitors to the Valley and the club would like to thank supporters for their patience and cooperation.”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season