Indian Gymkhana 3 Harleston Magpies 1
Men’s Conference League
HARLESTON started brightly, seeing lots of the ball but creating little as Indian Gym had all their team camped in their own half. It was however Indian Gym who looked most likely to break the dead lock as with their quick counter attacking hockey created chances giving a few early warning signs for Harleston defence.
Mid-way through the half Indian Gym broke away to win a short corner which with a well worked corner routine they scored to make it 1-0 to the home side. Harleston responded well to going a goal down with a good 10 minute spell but the chances came and went with none being taken. As half time approached Gym regained their control over the game and went in 1-0 up.
After the break it was once again Indian gym who waiting for the Harleston error before counter attacking quickly. Indian Gym struck first again increasing their lead to 2-0. This resulted in Harleston having to chase the game playing even further into the hands of gyms counter attacking hockey.
You may also want to watch:
However magpies managed to find a lifeline with Gareth Furlong converting for a short corner. Harleston worked hard trying to find a second but this was not their day as attack after attack broke down leaving Harleston man of the match Richard Harms exposed to more gym chances.
The game was finally put out of Magpies reach with a couple of minutes to go when gym convert one of their break a ways with a superb piece of individual skill before converting past Harms.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket