Inem Coker makes dream start in National Series
Young karting star, Inem Coker, raced to a superb debut victory in the Formula Kart Stars (FKS) National Series last weekend.
The 14-year-old picked up a first career win in the A Final of Round Two at Kimbolton.
In a dramatic turnaround, the St. Benedict’s Catholic College pupil recovered after finishing Round One in last place, following mechanical issues, to triumph over 15 other drivers.
The result, which leaves Inem 11th in the FKS Minimax championship standings, was an unexpected surprise for everyone involved in the teenager’s team.
“Nobody was expecting him to win the race but he won the final,” said his dad Ope.
You may also want to watch:
“He was still pinching himself afterwards because it had not sunk in. He had not even won a club race.”
Inem, who cites Lewis Hamilton as his hero, has followed a similar career path to the 2008 Formula One champion, competing at Buckmore Park and Hoddesdon where Hamilton made a name for himself in karting.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“I started going to tracks where Lewis Hamilton raced at because I knew that if he could develop well at those tracks, then I should be able to as well,” said Inem.
Ope hopes his son can turn that dream into a reality, providing he can secure the sponsorship.
He said: “It requires a lot of money and now I can understand all the problems that Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton’s families had.”
For more information about Inem, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.cokerracing.com.