Injury problems mount for Mildenhall Fen Tigers ahead of KO Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
The Mildenhall Fen Tigers have been rocked by another injury ahead of this Sunday’s KO Cup semi-final first leg tie against the Belle Vue Colts, writes Philip Kirk.
Heat leader Danny Halsey now realistically looks likely to miss the remainder of the season following a routine visit to hospital.
Halsey said: “I was only in hospital for key hole surgery to fix a bit of cartilage rubbing on my ACL but when they went inside my knee the ACL was completely ruptured and my medial ligament had a tear.
“So they’ve had to cut a piece of my hamstring away to use as my new ACL and repair what they can to my medial ligament. I am afraid that now looks like it for this season, I am totally gutted with some big meetings for Mildenhall still to come.”
Already without Luke Ruddick and Danno Verge, the Fen Tigers are also waiting on a fitness test today to see if Connor Mountain will be fit to take his place for Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Woods will make a return to the team for both meetings whilst Drew Kemp returns for the KO Cup tie with Alex Spooner taking his place in the Isle of Wight meeting.
The Fen Tigers will operate rider replacement for Halsey on Sunday whilst Birmingham Brummie Taylor Hampshire guests for Ruddick.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
The second meeting of the afternoon sees the Isle of Wight try and make it third time lucky following calls off due to electrical problems in the locality and then rain.
Promoter Kevin Jolly added: “The injuries are not what we hoped for but sadly are part and parcel of the sport, and we must just get on with the situation.Everyone will need to be fully on their game and ready to go toe to toe with a very good Belle Vue side.”
The club are offering supporters a special deal of just £18.00 entry for Adults/Concessions and Students for both meetings whilst children under 16 go free.
1. Connor Mountain 9.08 (If fit) 2. R/R (Danny Halsey) 7.51 3. Jon Armstrong 6.70 (C) 4. Taylor Hampshire (guest) 5.13 5. Jordan Jenkins 7.51 6. Sam Woods 3.00 7. Drew Kemp 3.00 8. Alex Spooner 3.00.
Belle Vue Colts
1. Dan Bewley 10.67 2. Kyle Bewley 6.53 3. R/R (Lee Payne) 8.48 4. Rob Shuttleworth 8.00 (C) 5. TBA (Guest) 8.20 6. Andy Mellish 4.99 7. Luke Woodhull 3.23.
Isle of Wight Warriors
1. TBA (Guest) 7.76 R/R (Scott Campos) 5.96 3. Connor Coles 6.60 4. Chris Widman 4.24 5. Ben Wilson 7.69 6. Jamie Sealey 3.00 . 7 William O’Keefe 3.00 8. James Laker 3.00.