Injury ‘setback’ for Colchester United’s Kurtis Guthrie
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United front-runner Kurtis Guthrie has suffered a ‘setback’ in terms of returning to full fitness after long-term injury.
Guthrie made his long-awaited return to the U’s first-team squad for the 1-0 win away win at Yeovil two weeks ago, when he appeared as a late substitute.
He started against Gillingham in the Checkatrade Trophy, and was on the bench as an unused substitute for last weekend’s 2-0 home win over Mansfield.
But Guthrie did not feature for the U’s reserves this week, and is not expected to be in the squad this weekend.
Manager John McGreal, speaking at this lunchtime’s press conference ahead of Saturday’s home game against Carlisle, revealed: “Kurtis has suffered a setback.
You may also want to watch:
“He was not involved on Tuesday night, and he is being assessed.”
McGreal was reluctant to talk the about the exact nature of this ‘setback,’ but it will be a blow for the player, who suffered a serious ankle injury at the end of February.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 9 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties