Injury setback for Colchester United’s Owen Garvan
Colchester United midfielder, Owen Garvan, is set for an extended spell on the sidelines, after picking up an injury in pre-season.
Garvan was hoping to be back in action soon, after taking a heavy knock to his leg during the U’s final pre-season friendly, away at Southend.
But the ex-Ipswich Town 28-year-old has suffered a setback in his recovery process.
“Owen is feeling his knee at the moment, so he’s been stop-start since the Southend game,” explained manager John McGreal, during today’s press conference.
“Owen is on a bit of a programme, to see how far he can get with that. He needs games as well, to get back into it, so to be fair I think it will be a few weeks before he is back.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a key man for the club last season, but I haven’t had him at my disposal this season.”
Meanwhile, the U’s are sweating on a fitness test for central midfielder Tom Lapslie, who limped off with an ankle injury during last weekend’s 3-2 win over Blackpool, ahead of Saturday’s trip to Barnet.
- 1 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 2 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
McGreal said: “Tom has rested up. He might struggle, but Tom being Tom, he will want to play. We’ve got a decision to make over the next 48 hours to see whether he will be fit.
“With the injuries to Doug (Loft) and Owen (Garvan), it’s just as well we brought in Glen (Kamara) and Tarique (Fosu), to make up the numbers in that position.”