Injury setback for Colchester United winger Brennan Dickenson
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United winger Brennan Dickenson has suffered a setback in his quest to return from a hamstring injury.
Dickenson, recruited from Gillingham last summer, started the season with a bang (including scoring three goals) but he has sat out the last month through injury.
The U’s have not won during that time, and Dickenson, who can also operate as a left-back, has endured a number of knock-backs in his desire to return quickly.
Manager John McGreal revealed: “Brennan is a few weeks away.
“He’s broken down twice with his hamstring, so that’s an ongoing assessment.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s tried to get back, but it hasn’t worked and he has felt it.
“He’s got to rest it and strengthen it,” added McGreal.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
The U’s entertain Morecambe tomorrow. Like Dickenson, the quartet of Owen Garvan, Doug Loft, Lewis Kinsella and Tom Lapslie remain on the long-term injury list.