Injury-time strike denies Iron
Braintree Town 3 Bath City 3
BATH’S Lee Phillips grabbed a 94th minute equaliser, as Iron threw away a 3-1 lead.
Bath went ahead when Gethin Jones netted after just three minutes, with a looping header.
But Iron hit back with goals from Ben Wright and Mark McCannon before the break.
When Matt Paine made it 3-1 in the 48th minute, there only appeared one winner.
You may also want to watch:
But an Marly Watkins header from a corner, 19 minutes from time, made it 3-2, and when Iron failed to clear in the final seconds, Phillips pounced.
Full report, pictures and reaction in Monday’s EADT
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship