Injury update on Colchester United defender Frankie Kent
Frankie Kent, a regular during pre-season, did not feature at all during Colchester United’s 2-1 home defeat to Gillingham on Friday night, the U’s last friendly of the summer.
Centre-half Kent was sidelined through injury, but boss John McGreal does not expect the 21-year-old defender to be out for too long.
“Frankie (Kent) just opened his knee a little bit the other night (against Ipswich, last Tuesday),” revealed McGreal.
“He did it late on when he over-stretched in clearing the ball, opening his knee up.
“He will be assessed, day-to-day, but we’re hoping that it might settle down very quickly,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
However, it appears unlikely that Kent will be fit enough to feature on the opening day of the season, away at Accrington Stanley, certainly in terms of starting the game.
Kent missed the last three months of last season, after suffering ruptured ankle ligaments during the U’s 2–1 victory against Barnet in mid-February.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute