Injury worries abound for Colchester United
Colchester United have injury problems, ahead of this Saturday’s trip to Wigan Athletic.
Centre-half Frankie Kent is struggling with a toe injury, while both midfielder Owen Garvan and winger Gavin Massey are rated as very doubtful.
“Owen and Gavin are both 50:50,” revealed manager Tony Humes, during this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Owen took a hefty kick, and there is swelling and bruising, while Gavin has a tight calf. Neither of them have trained so far this week.
“Frankie (Kent) had his toe stamped on last weekend (at Shrewsbury) and it is still an issue.
You may also want to watch:
“He trained for the first time today, and we will wait to see how it reacts. We will leave it as late as possible,” added Humes.
If Kent fails to make it, then George Elokobi will switch to centre-half from left-back. Regular left-back Matt Briggs is avaliable again after serving a one-match suspension last Saturday.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 6 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
Alex Gilbey could will start at Wigan, if Garvan is ruled out, while striker Chris Porter is also pushing for his first start since suffering an injury on the opening day of the season, against Blackpool.