Injury worries abound for Colchester United
Colchester United have injury problems, ahead of this Saturday’s trip to Wigan Athletic.
Centre-half Frankie Kent is struggling with a toe injury, while both midfielder Owen Garvan and winger Gavin Massey are rated as very doubtful.
“Owen and Gavin are both 50:50,” revealed manager Tony Humes, during this lunchtime’s press conference at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Owen took a hefty kick, and there is swelling and bruising, while Gavin has a tight calf. Neither of them have trained so far this week.
“Frankie (Kent) had his toe stamped on last weekend (at Shrewsbury) and it is still an issue.
“He trained for the first time today, and we will wait to see how it reacts. We will leave it as late as possible,” added Humes.
If Kent fails to make it, then George Elokobi will switch to centre-half from left-back. Regular left-back Matt Briggs is avaliable again after serving a one-match suspension last Saturday.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
Alex Gilbey could will start at Wigan, if Garvan is ruled out, while striker Chris Porter is also pushing for his first start since suffering an injury on the opening day of the season, against Blackpool.