Introducing Colchester United’s FOUR new players
- Credit: Andrew Roe/AHPIX LTD
Colchester United have given themselves every chance of making the League Two play-offs by signing four new players during today’s hectic transfer deadline day.
For a long time it looked as though Olamide Shodipo, a winger signed on loan from QPR for the rest of the season, would be the only business done by the Essex club during a quiet afternoon.
But John McGreal’s squad were then strengthened by three more new recruits tonight – two more loanees and one on a permanent deal.
Striker Liam Mandeville is perhaps the most eye-catching of all four of the U’s new arrivals. The 20-year-old front man, signed on loan from Doncaster Rovers, has scored 16 goals in 48 league games for the Yorkshire club.
Fellow loanee Ben Stevenson arrived on loan from Wolves, just hours after the Championship leaders had signed the classy midfielder from Coventry.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Barnes, a 21-year-old full-back, was signed from Charlton on a permanent deal.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Matchday Live: Level at the break as owner Johnson watches on
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill