Ipswich 0 Sevenoaks 4
English Hockey League
Women’s Conference East
SATURDAY saw Ipswich lose their first home game for two seasons. Going down 4-0 to a Sevenoaks team that moved to the top of the table. Ipswich did not play to their potential at all and ironically suffered at the hands of ex-Ipswich striker Cathy Gilliat-Smith, who scored a hat-trick.
Despite starting well and putting their hosts under pressure Ipswich could not capitalise on the early pressure and on the 15th minute Ipswich were behind. Gilliat-Smith latching onto a quick free hit and smashing the ball home.
Ipswich were keen to bounce back but despite some good possession they could not find the final pass in the attacking 25 and on the 19th minute they were 2-0 down.
The second half saw Ipswich start with a renewed determination but again despite the lion share of possession the home side could not find the decisive attacking final ball.
Pushing forward Ipswich were caught again and Gilliat-Smith scored her second goal of the game.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
With 30 minutes left to go the home team dug in and again tried to turn possession into attacking promise but it wasn’t to be and with two minutes to go Gilliat-Smith scored her hat trick.