Ipswich 2 Harleston 1
Men's Vets East LeagueIpswich 2 Harleston 1IPSWICH vets overcame this potential banana skin and maintained their challenge for the league title. Resting the over 40s for the Cup match the next day against the same opposition Ipswich none the less started well and dominated early possession but without reward.
Men's Vets East League
Ipswich 2 Harleston 1
IPSWICH vets overcame this potential banana skin and maintained their challenge for the league title. Resting the over 40s for the Cup match the next day against the same opposition Ipswich none the less started well and dominated early possession but without reward.
The best chances came from penalty corners and Curzon was frustrated to see his effort from a magnificent deep pass from Langton saved. Tew eventually converted from a corner to give Ipswich the lead but the home team were always dangerous particularly down their right where Reeder and Brook were combining well but few clear cut chances were created.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich started the second half by taking advantage of disarray in the home defence as they changed personnel. Foster went on a typical mazy run before slipping the ball goalwards, Glading making the final touch. Ipswich had chances to increase the lead, Curzon was unlucky to see a carbon copy of his previous effort fly narrowly over the bar, and the goalkeeper pulled off a string of saves. Harleston pulled a goal back with Wells converting a penalty corner, which gave then the impetus to push forward for an equaliser, but the visitors defense held out for victory.
Next week's home game sees Shefford visit Tuddenham Road a match that could well prove decisive in the title chase.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast