Ipswich Basketball Club round-up: Caleb Fuller the star in big wins for U16 boys
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Basketball returned with an action-packed weekend, which started with the U13 Boys moving to 12-0 in an emphatic win against Baltic Stars, 93-38.
Leading scorers were Veron (28), Troy (14) and Ethan (12).
The U14 Boys faced a tough trip to Herts Warriors, missing some key players and playing against a much bigger team, dropping the game, 80-29, top scorers were Winter (14) and Tebbit (9).
The U16 Girls had a busy weekend, travelling to Haringey where they struggled from outside, falling behind by 25 points, before dropping the game 64-53.
Leading scorers were Cooney (22), Musson (10) & Price (8). The team was short-handed on Sunday, missing several players, but were dominant against London Greenhouse Pioneers in a 81-35 win behind Cooney (25), Baker (20) & Pink (17).
You may also want to watch:
The U16 Boys also played twice, with 50-point win, 92-42, against Worthing Thunder on Saturday. Ipswich built a 30-point lead in the first quarter and never looked back. Caleb Fuller had the day’s highlight series, dropping two threes and a breakaway dunk on consecutive plays. Leading scorers were Fuller (22), Mobee (14) & Darbous (13).
On Sunday, they faced Peckham, keen to avenge a 30-point loss without Fuller. Again, the captain led the way, with 25 points to lead all scorers.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 10 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
Peckham scored the first basket, but from then on the hosts took everything thrown at them – taking the lead and never relinquishing it en-route to an 82-68 win to progress in the National Cup.
The visitors brought the game all the way back to seven points with 90 seconds to go, but Ipswich were clutch at the line to seal the victory – to the delight of Coach Girling.
Darbous (18) & Read (10) were the other leading scorers.
The U18 Men squared-off against Cambridge Cats, looking rusty in the opening quarter but easing away as the game went on to win 90-58 to move to second in their division thanks to another phenomenal team defensive effort.
Captain Rory Winter led the charge, with 24 points. James (19) & Andrews (17) were the other leading scorers for Coach MacDonald’s side.