Ipswich Basketball Club round-up: Teams are perfect on the road
- Credit: Su Anderson
With no junior home games this weekend, our teams travelled across the country, with every team coming back to Suffolk with a victory, writes Arron MacDonald.
The Under-13 and 14 boys travelled to Barking, both recording heavy wins and holding their hosts to just 19 points.
Each team were led by a high-scoring duo, Price and Eze for the U13s and Winter and Tebbit for the U14s.
The Under-14 girls travelled across Suffolk to square-off with County Upper Coyotes missing three starters and with several debutants, but a strong all-round performance from Esther Little helped Ipswich ease away with a 34-point win.
Also looking to bounce back from a loss, the Under-16 girls squared-off against Pioneeers East without England international Ash Pink, who had injured her ankle in the cup loss.
You may also want to watch:
Although the game was a little scrappy, Ipswich opened 10-0 and were buoyed by Baker’s return en route to an 18-point win.
Coach Kathryn James said: “It was good to see our younger girls making solid contributions today with Tebbit regaining her mojo and Price controlling the boards.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
“Credit also goes to new girl Bond from Farlingaye. She’s concentrating on rebounding and played disciplined on-ball defence, which I was really pleased with.”
As well as hosting two triple-headers next weekend (and Saturday’s games being halloween-themed), Ipswich are also running pay and play sessions at Copleston School from 10am on Saturdays, for boys and girls interested in playing basketball, aged 11-16.
For more information contact Hayley on: 07799 288391.