Ipswich Basketball Club round-up: Teams are perfect on the road
- Credit: Su Anderson
With no junior home games this weekend, our teams travelled across the country, with every team coming back to Suffolk with a victory, writes Arron MacDonald.
The Under-13 and 14 boys travelled to Barking, both recording heavy wins and holding their hosts to just 19 points.
Each team were led by a high-scoring duo, Price and Eze for the U13s and Winter and Tebbit for the U14s.
The Under-14 girls travelled across Suffolk to square-off with County Upper Coyotes missing three starters and with several debutants, but a strong all-round performance from Esther Little helped Ipswich ease away with a 34-point win.
Also looking to bounce back from a loss, the Under-16 girls squared-off against Pioneeers East without England international Ash Pink, who had injured her ankle in the cup loss.
Although the game was a little scrappy, Ipswich opened 10-0 and were buoyed by Baker’s return en route to an 18-point win.
Coach Kathryn James said: “It was good to see our younger girls making solid contributions today with Tebbit regaining her mojo and Price controlling the boards.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
“Credit also goes to new girl Bond from Farlingaye. She’s concentrating on rebounding and played disciplined on-ball defence, which I was really pleased with.”
As well as hosting two triple-headers next weekend (and Saturday’s games being halloween-themed), Ipswich are also running pay and play sessions at Copleston School from 10am on Saturdays, for boys and girls interested in playing basketball, aged 11-16.
For more information contact Hayley on: 07799 288391.