Ipswich Basketball Club round-up: Under 13 Boys stay unbeaten with win at County Upper
- Credit: Archant
The U13 Boys moved to 11-0 for the season, in a dominant win away at Suffolk’s other side, County Upper Coyotes, winning 83-33 thanks to a courageous performance from a battered and bruised Ethan Price, writes Arron MacDonald.
Leading scorers were Veron (21), Ethan (18) and Troy (10).
And the Senior Women bounced-back from last week’s disappointment, with coach Arron MacDonald notching his first win with the team.
20 points from Danni Cazey, and a double-double from Emma Camp led the team, featuring a few younger players and two newcomers.
After leading by 11 points at half-time, Warriors made a run to cut it to four points, before Ipswich upped the tempo, to get the lead back to 11 points again after three.
You may also want to watch:
In the fourth quarter, the Suffolk side found another gear, holding the hosts to just five points in the final seven minutes en-route to a 44-68 win. Leading scorers were Cazey (20), Camp (11) and Amy Linton (11).
The U14 Boys hosted East Herts Royals as Dan Wordsworth became the youngest head coach at the club in his first game in charge of the team.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 3 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 10 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
The Royals started strongly, leading by twelve after the first, before Ben Winter and Lewis Tebbit led the charge back, cutting the deficit to just four at the half, and seizing momentum to take the game in the second half, 82-75.
Leading scorers were Ben Winter (24), Veron (20) and Tebbit (13).
The U16 Boys squared-off against Reading Rockets without their injured captain, Caleb Fuller, but pulled out a hard-fought win, 64-52; Elsewhere, the U16 Girls travelled to face Southend, where a solid first half from the Suffolk team saw them tied at 30 apiece, however, a strong 24-10 third quarter from Swifts built a 14 point lead, which they maintained – leading to a narrow 54-68 defeat for the Blues.
Ipswich’s leading scorers were Jess Baker (14), Francis Musson (9) and Freya Cooney (8).
With only the Senior Men’s team in action next Saturday, we’d like everyone to come and support the men for one last time in 2014. Tip-off is 4.30pm, but head along early to secure a seat, and be ready to make some noise!