Ipswich Basketball Club round-up: Under 18 boys win by 86 points!
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich senior team’s win seemed relatively hard-fought when contrasted with the previous game at Copleston on Saturday, in which Dave Girling’s under-18 boys beat Shoeburyness Scorpions by 86 points.
Ben Mobee (33 points) and Jonny Hall (32 points) led the charge for Ipswich.
The final score was 112-28, with everyone getting on the scoresheet.
The final result was testament to the constant pace and power of the Ipswich players at both ends of the court which, despite their constant hard work, Scorpions found hard to cope with.
Hall and Mobee thrilled the home fans with four dunks in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Brown (13) and Blake Read (11) were also double-digit scores.
Coach Amy Linton oversaw another win for the under-16 girls, who controlled the game throughout as they overcame Oaklands Wolves for the second time in November. Esther Little had 26 points and Ella Pearson 13 as Ipswich won, 62-42.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
The girls’ programme continues to go from strength to strength, as the under-18s remain undefeated for the season.
Away at powerhouse programme Southend, Adam Robinson’s team held off a spirited second-half comeback to hold on for a 56-49 win. Ashleigh Pink led all scorers with 17, followed by Frances Musson’s 14.
One of the most outstanding individual performances seen at Copleston last weekend was by a visiting player, as Haringey Hawks forward Matthaios Kapsolas scored an incredible 67 points to lead his team to a 103-63 victory.
On an off-day for Arron MacDonald’s side, Tom Payne was the outstanding player for Ipswich, finishing with 20 points and six rebounds without missing a shot. Lewis Tebbit followed up with 11 points.
On at Copleston this weekend: Sunday 27/11: Under-16 girls v West Herts Warriors 1pm; Senior Men v Newcastle University 3pm.