Ipswich Basketball Club under 13s lose heartbreakers in National League Final Fours
- Credit: Archant
The unbeaten Ipswich under 13 boys basketball squad travelled to Sheffield at the weekend for the National League Final Fours, returning with heads held high after two incredibly close defeats.
The boys lost 105-101 in overtime to fellow undefeated side London Feltham Warriors in their first game before fighting back from an early 11-point deficit to lose a heartbreaker 79-78 to the Lewisham Thunder.
Head coach Noel Lambert said: “At this young age group you can hardly discuss experience and character, but I found today that is what the Ipswich boys all possess.
“Losing an opening game in which you have fought back from such a deficit to lose in overtime, would surely be too much for some people. These young men set it aside to fight back in the following game.
“It has been emotionally challenging for us all, but credit to the team to have reached the finals in such a manner, undefeated. Today has certainly been an experience never to forget.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich team: Huggins, Roberts, Edwards Channer, Mobee, Barber, Price, Swain, Owen, Veron, Manning, Walker, Moran.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store