Ipswich Basketball Club weekly round-up - Under 13 Boys stay unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
The Ipswich Basketball Club Under 13 Boys maintained their unbeaten start to the season with a pair of strong wins against opposition from Essex, writes Arron MacDonald.
The Ipswich youngsters beating Brentwood Fire by 26 on Saturday, behind 33 points from Veron Eze and Rhakeem.
On Sunday, Ipswich beat Thurrock by 135 points, with Ethan Price leading a balanced team effort offensively with 31 points for Coach Lambert’s team.
The Under 14 Boys had a tough home fixture against Bucks Hornets, despite being bolstered by adding Veron Eze to their young squad, it simply wasn’t the home side’s day, as offensive struggles against a tougher side led to a 61-90 defeat, despite 16 points from Ben Winter.
Coach Cristina Stanciuca said “We were a little fragile under the basket, and can do better at the offensive end, but it just wans’t our day today. We can see the improvement – and that’s more important than the result.
You may also want to watch:
“Our players are getting challenged week-on-week, and the players are beginning to rise to it”.
The Under 16 Boys played host to London Greenhouse Pioneers, pulling out to a comfortable 88-69 win behind a dominant performance from Caleb Fuller and big man Johnny Hall, while the Under 16 Girls eked out a 71-61 win against Hertfordshire Warriors.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 8 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
The Under 18 Men travelled to Oaklands Wolves in a top of the table clash in which the hosts simply played the Suffolk side off the court in a 85-39 drubbing, despite impressive displays from Saffery, Flaherty and Spurling.
The Under 14 Girls hosted Hertfordshire Warriors, putting in a dominant performance en route to a 69-37 win led by 16 points from Copping and a dozen apiece from Little & Jarvis).
This weekend is another busy one at the club, with Copleston hosting triple-headers on Saturday and Sunday, and we’d love your support. Follow us on twitter @ipswichhoops for more information.
Oaklands Wolves 85–39 U18 Men
U16 Girls 71–61 Hertfordshire Warriors
U16 Boys 88–69 London Greenhouse Pioneers
U14 Girls 69–37 Hertfordshire Warriors
U14 Boys 61–90 Bucks Hornets
U13 Boys 65–39 Brentwood Fire 1
Thurrock 7–142 U13 Boys