Ipswich coast to victory
LONDON 2 NORTH: Ipswich 39 Old Streetonians
CRAIG Burrows’ penalty after 17 minutes put Ipswich ahead and he added to his tally by converting a try, scored by Brad James on 23 minutes.
The rest of the half went by with no further score although Chris Blom was unlucky when, with the line at his mercy, the pass he received from John Lasbrey was deemed forward.
In the second half, Ipswich struggled to cope with the Old Streetonians pack particularly when they were deployed in a rolling maul.
On three occasions it was the visitors’ inability to take advantage of the pressure rather than the home side’s ability to cope with it that prevented a game changing score.
You may also want to watch:
Finally the drought was broken on 73 minutes when Tim Hopkins finished a flowing move in the corner. This was not converted.
Two minutes later, Josh James added a try tand within two minutes, he crossed again for the fifth time this season. Burrows converted.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
By now Ipswich were scoring at will and added to their tally by scoring unconverted tries through Blom and Mark Broughton.