Ipswich Community Football League to run over summer
SUFFOLK FA has teamed up with the Goals Soccer Centre in Ipswich to run a summer community league for the second successive season.
The Ipswich community football league will run over the summer every Sunday afternoon at the Goals Soccer Centre in Ipswich, Suffolk New College, College Drive off Grimwade Street.
The league is aimed at encouraging hard to reach community groups in Ipswich to take up football.
The aim behind the five-a-side project is to create a sustainable league which helps integrate diverse communities in Ipswich.
Jonathan Moyes, Suffolk FA Marketing Services Officer said: “The Suffolk FA is delighted the Ipswich Community Football League has given players from an array of diverse backgrounds the opportunity to play football.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At the start of the season ten five-a-side teams played friendlies against each other before the competition started. It was great that there were so many players took part and that the games were played in such a sporting manner”.
The initiative has received �2,130 from The FA’s Small Sided Development Fund and a further �3, 360 from the Goals Soccer Centre.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
Goals Ipswich Centre Manager: Kirk Natrass said: “Football is a great way of bringing together people from different backgrounds and we hope the second season will be as successful as the first.”
“We want to get as many people playing football as possible, especially in a year full of great sport, with Euro 2012 and the Olympic Games firmly on the horizon”.
For more information or to sign up please visit www.goalsfootball.co.uk or contact James Payne who is Suffolk FA’s Get Into Football Officer for (Ipswich). firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 07432 735984.