Dozzell and Chalobah in England U20 squad for game at Colchester, with Bramble handed coaching role
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town duo Andre Dozzell and Trevoh Chalobah have both been included in the England Under-20 squad for an Elite Game against Germany at Colchester United’s Jobserve Community Stadium a week on Monday (7pm ko).
Fellow Blues midfielders Flynn Downes and Tayo Edun are on standby for the squad, while Town academy coach Titus Bramble will shadow head coach Paul Simpson and his staff.
Former Town defender Bramble, who went on to play in the Premier League for Newcastle, Wigan and Sunderland, is Town’s Under-16 manager and is currently working on his coaching badges alongside Kieron Dyer.
Dyer, who is the club’s joint U18 manager, was invited to assist England U20 boss Paul Simpson ahead of the recent games against Italy and the Czech Republic.
The former England international explained that The FA are keen to get former top level players from recent eras involved in coaching England’s next generation of young talent rather than losing them to first-team management roles or media work.
Dozzell won his first U20s cap in last month’s 1-1 draw in the Czech Republic, Chelsea loanee Chalobah having made his first appearance at that level in September.
You may also want to watch:
Fulham loanee Edun won seven U20s caps last season, while Downes is yet to feature at that level having previously featured for the U19s.
England U20s: Will Huffer (Leeds United), Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth), Nathan Trott (West Ham United), Tom Edwards (Stoke City), Reece James (Wigan Athletic, loan from Chelsea), Lloyd Kelly (Bristol City), Easah Suliman (FC Emmen, loan from Aston Villa), Trevoh Chalobah (Ipswich Town, loan from Chelsea), Ben Wilmot (Watford), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Elliot Embleton (Grimsby Town, loan from Sunderland), Sam Field (West Bromwich Albion), Adam Lewis (Liverpool), Joe Willock (Arsenal), Ronaldo Vieira (Sampdoria), Grady Diangana (West Ham United), Kyle Edwards (West Bromwich Albion), Eberechi Eze (Queens Park Rangers), George Hirst (OH Leuven), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal), Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough).
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers