Ipswich enjoy big victory over Holt
LONDON 2 NORTH: Ipswich 52 Holt 18
WITHIN two minutes, Ipswich’s Tim Hopkins crossed the line for a try, converted by Craig Burrows.
What followed was a highly-entertaining half of rugby by quite easily the best opposition the home side have faced this season.
Scrum half John Lasbrey went over on 14 minutes taking the score to 12-0.
Holt replied with the first breach of the Ipswich line this season with a converted try.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Lloyd then got in on the action with a try on 24 minutes which Burrows converted.
However Holt promptly replied with an unconverted one of their own.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
The next score was critical. Brad James went on one of his close-range bullocking runs and scored an unconverted try.
Holt narrowed the gap before half-time to make the interval score 26-15 to the hosts.
In the second period, Ipswich had too much fire power in nearly every position.
Sides of lesser mettle than Holt would have collapsed.
By 54 minutes Ipswich had scored two converted tries through Lloyd and Josh James.
Further tries followed from Brad James and local boy Aquila Toro to make the final score 52-18