Ipswich ES II 2 Bury St Edmunds III 2
Suffolk Hockey AssociationPremier DivisionIpswich East Suffolk II 2 Bury St Edmunds III 2IES started their league journey with several new faces and were quickly reminded of the need for organisation when Bury scored their first soon after push back.
Suffolk Hockey Association
Ipswich East Suffolk II 2 Bury St Edmunds III 2
IES started their league journey with several new faces and were quickly reminded of the need for organisation when Bury scored their first soon after push back.
You may also want to watch:
With a definite shape IES attacked in number thanks to a strong midfield quartet. Pressure paid off following a free hit outside the D which was crossed accurately by Diana Alexander and finished instinctly by Hannah Reynolds.
After further pressure and fine touches by Ellie Eddy, IES were awarded a short corner which was struck confidently by Alexander to see IES take the lead.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 5 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
However, the game did not all go IES's way and Bury equalised before half time.
With both sides determined to make a break through, the second half was an open affair with commitment from all. In the end the September sun took its toll and the game ended with a point a piece.