Snowdon sets PB to finish first at Kesgrave parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Matthew Snowdon posted a very impressive time on his way to first place from a field of 320 (coincidentally the same number as the previous week) at the latest Kesgrave parkrun on Saturday.
Teenager Snowdon, of Ipswich Harriers, recorded a personal best for the 5K course of 16mins 26secs, elevating him to 10th spot on the list of all-time quickest runners at Kesgrave. He runs in the 15-17 year-old age group.
Experienced veteran, Steve Cooper, who runs for Blackheath & Bromley Harriers, was second in 17:33, just four seconds ahead of third-placed Neil Parry (17:37), who was a first-timer at Kesgrave.
Jayne Chappels, of Kesgrave Kruisers, was first lady in 21:02, just 10 seconds short of her PB at what was her 147th parkrun.
Sarah Lewis, of Woodbridge Shufflers, equalled her PB of 21:16 in second, followed by Collette Green, of Woodbridge Shufflers, in third (21:59).
You may also want to watch:
This was the 220th staging of the popular weekly event,
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?