Ipswich have NOT made an approach for Magnus Okuonghae
RUMOURS that Ipswich Town have made an approach for Colchester United centre-half Magnus Okuonghae were last night quashed by U’s manager John Ward.
Lowly Town are keen to bolster their defence, which is the leakiest in the Championship.
And the highly-rated Okuonghae, whose current contract at Colchester expires this summer, has been attracting interest from a number of Championship clubs in recent months.
However, Ward confirmed that Town had not made an approach for ex-Dagenham & Redbridge stalwart Okuonghae.
Ward revealed: “Ipswich have not spoken to me about Magnus.
“I get on well with Paul Jewell, following the Tom Eastman deal over the summer, but I have had no contact with Ipswich.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years