Ipswich have NOT made an approach for Magnus Okuonghae
RUMOURS that Ipswich Town have made an approach for Colchester United centre-half Magnus Okuonghae were last night quashed by U’s manager John Ward.
Lowly Town are keen to bolster their defence, which is the leakiest in the Championship.
And the highly-rated Okuonghae, whose current contract at Colchester expires this summer, has been attracting interest from a number of Championship clubs in recent months.
However, Ward confirmed that Town had not made an approach for ex-Dagenham & Redbridge stalwart Okuonghae.
Ward revealed: “Ipswich have not spoken to me about Magnus.
You may also want to watch:
“I get on well with Paul Jewell, following the Tom Eastman deal over the summer, but I have had no contact with Ipswich.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion