Ipswich High School pupil Kitty selected for England Tigers
Ipswich High School pupil Kitty McWhirter has been selected for the England Tigers team which will compete at the Sainsbury’s 2012 School Games Finals next month.
The 16-year-old, pictured right, who is also a talented tennis player in her national age group, will compete at Old Loughtonians Hockey Club.
“I was a non-travelling reserve last year, so it is great to be selected to play at the Sainsbury’s 2012 School Games this year,” said Kitty, who has already played for the country’s under-16s team and trained with the under-18s.
“I’ve got my GCSEs very soon afterwards, but I was determined to be available for selection.
“We are lucky to have the opportunity to play at what must be the best facilities in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“Knowing that I’ve stepped on the same ground as Olympians will make watching the Olympic Game a much more personal experience.
Backed by National Lottery funding from Sport England, the event is a multi-sport event for school-aged elite athletes.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 8 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
The event will take place between May 6 and 9, 2012.