Ipswich II 2 Cambridge Uni II 2
Division One NorthIpswich II 2 Cambridge University II 2The two-week league break, together with a couple of cancelled training sessions as a result of storms and snow really showed in the Ipswich II performance on Saturday.
Division One North
Ipswich II 2 Cambridge University II 2
The two-week league break, together with a couple of cancelled training sessions as a result of storms and snow really showed in the Ipswich II performance on Saturday.
The team was clearly not firing on all cylinders as they scraped a point from Cambridge Uni. The students put Ipswich under pressure early, getting two goals in quick succession within the first 15 minutes of the game. Shocked into action, Ipswich fought to regain the upper hand and eventually pulled a goal back through Leisa King. King also played a big part in the equaliser, making short work of several Cambridge defenders before releasing the ball to Tori Spencer who made no mistake in finding the net.
The visitors remained a threat, utilising their speed at every opportunity, but the score remained 2-2 at the final whistle.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town