Ipswich II reach semi-final
EH Second Team Cup Quarter-Finals Ipswich II 2 Havant II 1 A young Ipswich II side have progressed to the semi-finals of the England Hockey Second Team Cup in the first season they have entered the competition.
EH Second Team Cup Quarter-Finals
Ipswich II 2 Havant II 1
A young Ipswich II side have progressed to the semi-finals of the England Hockey Second Team Cup in the first season they have entered the competition.
The Ipswich side, containing youngsters Max Underwood, Ed Youngman, Ben Underwood and Ben Glading put in a fantastic performance against a full strength Havant outfit.
Havant dominated the first 15 minutes, with Ipswich struggling to get the ball out the half and, on the stroke of half time, they duly went behind when a Havant short corner strike was deflected in off Andy Swindin's stick.
In the second half Ipswich were the better side, enjoying more of the ball and creating some very good chances.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
Reed, back to bottom of the diamond, and Woodgate were at the heart of most moves, while the very experienced and classy Paul Calver had a very good game at the back.
The game was won by two goals from Dixon, the first a drag flick and the second a one-on-one with the keeper.
The best performance of the day was from Max Underwood whose ball possession and tackling was outstanding. This performance was closely followed by Shyam Patel.