Ipswich boxing show featuring Billy Bird and Fabio Wardley is postponed
- Credit: Archant
Friday night’s championship boxing show at the Corn Exchange in Ipswich has been postponed.
The show, which was set to be headlined by Braintree’s Billy Bird fighting Adam Harper for the English super-welterweight title, has been called off due to injuries.
Bird will now fight for the belt at the Brentwood Centre on September 21, while Ipswich heavyweight prospect Fabio Wardley and Clacton’s big punching Joe Hurn, who were also due to feature on the bill, will now box in Norwich on October 5.
In a statement, promoters Shamrock Boxing Promotions, said: “Due to injuries we have unfortunately had to postpone our Ipswich show. With last minute problems we could not deliver a show to our valued customers of the standard they expect from us.
“The show will now go ahead later in the year. Our sincere appologies to all our loyal fans.”
You may also want to watch:
In a statement released by his management team, Bird said: “Obviously hugely disappointed that the show in Ipswich is cancelled.
“Unfortunately, these things happen and nobody is to blame, moving forward my English title fight with Adam Harper will now go ahead at the Brentwood Centre.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
“A big thank you to Mervyn Turner, Lee Eaton MTK, Graham Everett and my team for rearranging this at short notice. Hoping most of my fans can still come and any new ones are more than welcome.
“Tickets purchased are still valid and others are available.”