Ipswich’s Hannah Martin in England hockey squad for World League semi-final in Johannesburg
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich’s Hannah Martin has been named in the England squad of 18 that will contest the Hockey World League Semi-final in Johannesburg, starting on July 8.
Martin, who made her international debut earlier this year, is part of an experienced group with 10 Olympic gold medallists.
Danny Kerry said, “We go to this tournament to seek qualification for the World League Finals in Auckland later in the year. This will be a great challenge with a tough pool to get through.
“We are looking forward to continuing our growth of the new squad as we build towards the World Cup in London next year.
“Out attacking half contains great pace and our defensive half a good range of distribution. We look forward to what the tournament holds.”
You may also want to watch:
England play on July 10, 12, 14 and 16 against Poland, Japan, Germany and Ireland respectively, before the quarter-finals begin on the 18th.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson