Ipswich Town to enter sides in four County Cups this season
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have announced they will be entering teams into all four county cups this season.
Young squads will play in the Suffolk Premier Cup (now sponsored by Turners Hyundai), as well as the Suffolk Senior Cup (sponsored by CNet Training) - with all their ties played away.
Ipswich Town Women will defend the HomeStore Self Storage Suffolk Women's Cup, while the club's U16s will contest the Suffolk Boys' U18 Midweek Cup for the first time.
Suffolk FA chief executive Richard Neal said: "How exciting it is that Ipswich Town will have three teams in Suffolk county cups for the 2019/20 season, indicating the standard of play within each of the competitions.
"The experience of playing in such highly-competitive fixtures will do the young ITFC players the world of good with their development, and I'm sure the opposing teams will find it equally beneficial."
You may also want to watch:
Lee O'Neill, Town's general manager of football operations, added: "As well as providing an opportunity for our younger players to continue their education in knock-out competition football, this will also be beneficial for the club's role in the community."
The draw for the Women's Cup will be broadcast on BBC Radio Suffolk's sports programme between 2.30pm and 3pm on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
The draws for both the Premier Cup and Senior Cup will be broadcast on the same programme between 5.30pm and 6pm.
With 17 sides taking part in this season's Premier Cup, only one first-round tie will be drawn, so the second round draws will also be made.
A total of 32 teams will be in the first-round draw for the Senior Cup.
More details regarding the competitions can be found on the Suffolk FA website