Ipswich Town draw Bristol Rovers, Colchester face Yeovil, in Capital One Cup
IPSWICH Town have drawn League Two outfit Bristol Rovers, at home, in the Capital One Cup, before the new league season kicks off.
Rovers are managed by Mark McGhee and just missed out on a play-off place last season following an impressive end to the season.
The last meeting between the teams was in an FA Cup tie in January 1998, Town defeating Rovers 1-0 in a replay after the original tie ended 1-1.
Elsewhere, Colchester will travel to League One rivals Yeovil, managed by Gary Johnson.
Last season, Yeovil won 3-2 at Huish Park and that followed a 2-2 draw at the Weston Homes Community Stadium earlier in the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Ties to be player during the week beginning August 13.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons