Ipswich Town Ladies to host open evening at Portman Road
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town Ladies are hosting an open evening in the players’ lounge at Portman Road, on August 27 between 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
The team are still two or three players short for the new season, although primarily this event is designed to attract people to the club to operate in a number of different roles.
“We want to get the message out there to people who may want to get involved at the club,” said first-team manager Ralph Pruden.
“There are opportunities to get involved on the management committee, to push the club forward, while we are looking for a main sponsor and also offer other opportunities, such as individual player sponsorship.
“If people want to attend, we just ask that they contact myself, so we can keep up to date with numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
The ladies kick-off their new season in the FA Women’s Premier League (South East division) with an away game at Cambridge on August 23.
A week later (August 30), they will then have home advantage –venue to be confirmed – as they face fierce rivals Norwich City in a shoot-out to reach the first round proper of the League Cup.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 3 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 4 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 10 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
Training is on Tuesday evenings on Portman Road’s 3G pitches and runs between 7.45-9pm.
It has yet to be decided where the team will play their home games this season, and more than one destination could be used, although the club’s favoured home ground is Ipswich Wanderers.