A lack of games, but new Ipswich Town signing Jordan Spence is up to speed
Jordan Spence says fitness won’t be a problem as he embarks on a new chapter of his career with Ipswich Town.
The 26-year-old has been without a club since leaving MK Dons at the end of last season, but has been on trial with Town, as well as Rotherham and Birmingham, this season.
Spence is ineligible for tonight’s FA Cup clash at Lincoln City, but could be in line to make his debut in Town’s Championship clash at Huddersfield at the weekend.
“I’m really pleased and grateful to see this move happen and it’s a great opportunity for me,” the right-back told the official club website.
“I’m super excited to get going and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s a move that happened relatively quickly but having trained with the club a few months prior I knew all about the manager and the players, so it was an easy decision for me to sign.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously I haven’t played too many matches this season, but I’ve always been pretty fortunate that I’ve been a naturally fit guy and I’ll certainly be ready when the gaffer calls upon me.
“As I’ve mentioned, this is a great opportunity at a big football club and I’m champing at the bit to get going.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs