Aaron Cresswell and Damien Delaney named in Ipswich Town squad – as is Michael Chopra
DEFENSIVE duo Aaron Cresswell and Damien Delaney have been included in the Ipswich Town squad for tonight’s friendly at Cambridge United.
The pair were linked with moves away from Portman Road overnight with Aston Villa a keen admirer of Cresswell and Nottingham Forest linked with Delaney.
But no deal appears imminent after Paul Jewell named them in his strong-looking 17-man squad for the visit to the Abbey Stadium (7.45pm ko).
New boys Scott Loach and Massimo Luongo should feature for the first time while Lee Martin is set to make his first appearance of the pre-season campaign after missing both matches of last week’s tour of the Netherlands. Martin said: “I had a minor problem with my thigh. There was no point in risking it and making things worse. It just needed time to settle down.”
Ryan Stevenson is also included after missing the draw with Den Bosch through injury.
You may also want to watch:
Initial claims that Michael Chopra would miss the match due to a minor injury have now proved unfounded and the striker is set to start.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
Loach, Lee-Barrett, Edwards, Ainsley, Chambers, Delaney, Cresswell, Whight, Thorsteinsson, Drury, Hyam, Lawrence, Luongo, Martin, Stevenson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Scotland, Chopra.
* Follow @Stuart_Watson and @davegoods for all the team news, reports and reaction from tonight’s match