Aaron Cresswell and Damien Delaney named in Ipswich Town squad – as is Michael Chopra
DEFENSIVE duo Aaron Cresswell and Damien Delaney have been included in the Ipswich Town squad for tonight’s friendly at Cambridge United.
The pair were linked with moves away from Portman Road overnight with Aston Villa a keen admirer of Cresswell and Nottingham Forest linked with Delaney.
But no deal appears imminent after Paul Jewell named them in his strong-looking 17-man squad for the visit to the Abbey Stadium (7.45pm ko).
New boys Scott Loach and Massimo Luongo should feature for the first time while Lee Martin is set to make his first appearance of the pre-season campaign after missing both matches of last week’s tour of the Netherlands. Martin said: “I had a minor problem with my thigh. There was no point in risking it and making things worse. It just needed time to settle down.”
Ryan Stevenson is also included after missing the draw with Den Bosch through injury.
Initial claims that Michael Chopra would miss the match due to a minor injury have now proved unfounded and the striker is set to start.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 6 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 7 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 8 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 9 Coastguard and police called to incident at Essex beach
- 10 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
Loach, Lee-Barrett, Edwards, Ainsley, Chambers, Delaney, Cresswell, Whight, Thorsteinsson, Drury, Hyam, Lawrence, Luongo, Martin, Stevenson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Scotland, Chopra.
* Follow @Stuart_Watson and @davegoods for all the team news, reports and reaction from tonight’s match