Aaron Cresswell satisfied with Town point at Derby
AARON Cresswell rescued a point for Ipswich Town – and then praised his team mates for withstanding a dominant Derby County in this afternoon’s goalless draw at Pride Park.
Town had the better of the first half before the home side grew stronger as the second 45 minutes wore on.
Both sides hit the post while Cresswell cleared off the line to deny Derby skipper Jason Shackell in the 85th minute.
The left-back said: “I think overall it was a good point. In the first half, we were by far the better team and I thought we could have scored a couple of goals.
“In the second half, we were under the cosh a little bit but credit to the lads for the point. We wanted the win but I think in the end it was a good point.
You may also want to watch:
And after keeping up his happy knack this season of vital clearances, Cresswell added: “It is my job to be at the back post and I am pleased I was able to clear the ball.”
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery