Aaron Mclean vows to keep interacting with Ipswich Town fans on Twitter
- Credit: Archant
AARON Mclean says he will continue to interact with Ipswich Town fans on Twitter – despite some not taking too well to his description of the town centre upon his arrival.
The 28-year-old – whose Twitter account of @A9Mac has more than 15,000 followers – wrote that Ipswich’s town centre was ‘rubbish’ just days after his arrival on loan from Hull City, adding that it ‘made Hull look like Oxford Street’.
The level-headed striker has laughed off any negative reaction though, insisting he will continue to stick with social networking.
“I only joked about the shops because I’m one of the trendiest players at the club!” he said. “It was just a bit of banter and all my comments on twitter are always light-hearted.
“I like to interact with the fans and people will realise not to take everything I say on there too seriously.” He added: “Twitter is a great tool. I know a lot of players don’t go there because there’s always one or two that have something negative to say, but you find that in all walks of life though.
“As long as you use it in the right way, which I think I do, then it’s brilliant. I always try and respond to people.
“People are always going to be there to try and trip you up and you have to be aware of that. A lot of it is common sense. If people can see your personality through your Twitter then they’ll take things as a joke when they’re meant to be taken as a joke.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 5 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 6 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 7 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
“If you’re respectful the majority of the time then when things like that happen then hopefully people will just take it as the joke it was intended to be.”