'A really good player' - Aberdeen boss on Town stopper Hladky
- Credit: PA
Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin has spoken of his admiration for Ipswich Town keeper Vaclav Hladky after the Dons were linked with a move for the second choice stopper.
Hladky arrived at Portman Road with great expectations last summer after starring at Salford in League Two, but quickly lost his form and ultimately his place to nailed-on number one Christian Walton.
And Goodwin, who managed Hladky at St Mirren before he switched to Salford, refused to rule out a move for the Czech keeper when asked about it by the Abderdeen Press & Journal.
He said: "I’ve got a lot of admiration for Vaclav, having worked with him at St Mirren.
“You talk about characters and strength of character, and Vaclav has certainly got that.
“He was a really good player with St Mirren.”
Goodwin added: "He went down to Salford, did particularly well and earned the right to get a decent move to Ipswich.
“Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out for him.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 4 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 5 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 6 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 7 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 9 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 10 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
“We are looking at a number of players in every position.”
Hladky hasn't played for Town since a 1-0 win over Wycombe Wanderers on December 29, Kieran McKenna's first match in charge, when Walton tested positive for Covid-19.
He's made 14 appearances in all and is under contract until the summer of 2024.
Town have already parted company with one keeper this summer, Tomas Holy being released this week.