Anderson’s praise for Town’s travelling fans
- Credit: Archant
Paul Anderson has praised the backing of Ipswich Town fans after hearing the Blues are close to another away day sell-out.
Around 2,700 Blues fans travelled to the season-opener at Reading, while 1,400 attended the League Cup match at Stevenage. Now almost all of the club’s allocation for Saturday’s trip to QPR have been sold.
“The fans have been absolutely brilliant since I arrived here and they were out in force at Reading and Stevenage,” Anderson told Ipswich Player.
“I’ve heard we are close to selling out against QPR too, which shows how enthusiastic and supportive they are.
“I’ve settled in well to life at Ipswich and I’m fully fit after picking up a niggle when I first arrived here, but that’s behind me now and I’m looking to push for a starting place.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads here are brilliant, as are all the staff, and I’d say this is probably the happiest I’ve been at a club. There is a real good vibe about the place and we want to transport that onto the pitch.”
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 5 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed