Andrews named in Ireland side
KEITH Andrews has been named in the Republic of Ireland side who will face Russia in their must-win Euro 2012 qualifier tomorrow.
The Ipswich Town midfielder will win his 22nd cap as Ireland look for an improved showing in Moscow following Friday night’s disappointing goalless draw with Slovakia.
Meanwhile, Northern Ireland boss NIgel Worthington has revealed that an excellent showing in the Under-21s has earned Town midfielder Josh Carson his call-up to the seniors.
Worthington said: “Steve Beaglehole has informed me Josh performed particularly well in Serbia with the Under-21s.
“I have watched him a few times at Ipswich already this season, and what Steve said about him backed up what I had already seen.
You may also want to watch:
“He gives us good options both on the right and left wing. He has great energy and he can get you a goal. He has been in the group before during the Carling Nations Cup and showed his talent then so if called upon, I’m sure he will do well.”
Over the weekend, Carson was elevated into the full squad for their qualifying match against Estonia.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post